Friday, December 7, 2012

Snorkeling report from Audrey

The snorkeling in Hawaii is GREAT!!! You have the chance to see lots of exotic fish. I am going to tell you about our last couple of snorkels and what we saw.

On our snorkel today we saw a Spotted Eagle Ray, Eels, and my brother saw a Flying Gurnard. The Spotted Eagle Ray has spots and is way smaller than a Manta Ray. Flying Gurnards are fish that are flat and have wings! I am pretty sure you all know what an eel is, but for those who do not know they are long, snake-like fish.

Would you like it if I told you about some fish? Well, here goes...... Yellow Tangs are yellow fish. They are very common in Hawaii. Moorish Idols are black, white, and yellow. These fish have a dorsal fin that has a long tail. My favorite fish is the Hawaiian State Fish. The name is really complicated to pronounce. Humuhumu-nukunuka-a-pua'a!!!!! I told you it was hard!

Here is a joke: What do you call a woman who is laying on the beach? Sandy. Ha! Ha! I made that one up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the fish beta. When I did my college semester abroad in South Caicos, I had to draw pictures of fish and coral on my underwater clip board so I could ID the species later with books. You mentioned some I have never seen!... I'll share the joke later with friends, I promise, it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete