Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I finally get another chance to write the blog.... The kids have been very keen to help out in this regard. But the other night we did something that I have wanted to do for years - ever since I heard about it. We took a Thai Cooking class! I know, it may not sound exciting to everyone, but I love to cook and I love Thai food, so for me it was nirvana, tee hee.
Before we started chopping and cooking, we took a little walking tour of the outdoor market to look at the spices and Thai ingredients. I wish we had these markets at home.  They are lively and full of wonderful things to eat - raw and cooked.
We each got to chop and cook 4 dishes that we chose from three options (putting us in three different rooms for the preparation depending on which dish you chose to prepare). After the food was prepared then we would all sit together and devour our own handiwork. We were a little unsure how it was going to work out with the kids on their own, but they did splendidly. The knives were big and the burners were hot!  And the experience.......really affordable!  We were all stuffed at the end of the evening. I can't wait to go again!
A mother's eyes watching the knife
Rock getting his wok on
Spring rolls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment