Thursday, November 29, 2012

Portland update from Audrey


It is getting very close to leaving rainy Portland, Oregon, and entering our tropical visits! I personally am extremely psyched to visit Hawaii! We recently held an elk party with our cousins living in Portland. The elk was delicious! It was pleasant to be around our cousins after about three and a half months since our last visit. Grandma Butzer made delectable German chocolate cake AND grasshopper pie, which is my brother Rock's favorite!

I cannot wait until we get to go to Hawaii! I love snorkeling with my Nana and Grandpa. We will be staying in a condo that is walking distance from the beach. Hawaii's beaches are much warmer than Oregon's cold waters. 

Sally and Mary, our cousins, have school so we have some time to get our packs ready. Today Rock, me, my mom and my dad went to the Overlook Park to get some exercise. Mackenzie went to Cathedral School for lunch. On Saturday, the Gibbs family, the Butzer-Pelster family, and the Butzer family are going to a Chinese restaurant. It is going to be good. Monday December 3rd, we leave to the Portland airport at 6:00 am because our plane leaves at 7:30 am! I am enjoying this trip so far and I am sure to post more writings on the blog to keep you updated on our trip!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Audrey! Thanks for the wonderful update. This sounds like a perfect way to spend time with your family and friends before heading off on the first leg of the grand adventure. Have a wonderful time, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your entires! Your writing is great :). - Miss Chase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey,
    Excited to hear about your adventures. I miss you so much.
    Keep on writing.

    your friend,
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete