Friday, April 12, 2013

Signs of the Time

Who knew that the Jewish were Ducks fans?  Shalom...Go Ducks!!

Travel exposes you to all kinds of humorous signs. In Africa, they have legitimate road signs warning the driver of impending potholes.  Certainly a lot cheaper than fixing the offending hazards of the road.

I loved the juxtaposition of the razor wire and the freshly watered geraniums.  Friends who know me also know how peeved I get at threats of architectural review, historical preservation,  and other "personal freedom infringements" by those who 'know' what is best for me, them, and everyone else for that matter.  A moniker that I like to attach to these people is the geranium police.  You know, a fresh geranium in every window sill or you may be subject to a fine by the geranium police.  So when I saw the razor wire and geraniums, I knew I had come across the world hq of the geranium police.  Beautiful!




Effective signage

Geranium Police World Headquarters

Shalom...Go Ducks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment